- One-month pre-event to be held at Tokyo Skytree Showing off famous one-million-dollar bonsai.
- We've started accepting optional tour reservations.
- Web site has been renewaled.
- Post your bonsai on Instagram with #wbonsai2017 also①Please note the title of the work②Please note your country and region Selected photos will appear in the place of 8th WORLD BONSAI CONVENTION, SAITAMA CITY !
- 100 days to The 8th World Bonsai Convention! Countdown Board was setted in front of Omiya Station.
- We hold "Bonsai Festival" at Civic Center Omiya in November 26.
Bonsai events held in Japan generally is a display of bonsai masterpieces. As bonsai gained international popularity, foreign bonsai events shifted their style to where enthusiasts gather to exchange information and invite masters from Japan to hold workshops.The Bonsai Convention started off in such way. Soon, the conventions expanded to America and European nations and kept growing in scale. In the midst of its growing popularity, the first World Bonsai Convention was held in Japan, the home of bonsai, in April 1989.This convention was hosted by Japan Bonsai Association at Saitama Prefecture, Saitama City (former Omiya City), where the Omiya Bonsai Village is located, and achieved great success as the largest convention with over 1200 participants. The World Bonsai Convention was later decided to be held every four years and has been hosted by America, Korea, Germany, Puerto Rico, China, and in 2017, after 28 years of the first hosting, back in Japan.
KUNIO KOBAYASHI Nippon Suiseki Association, Chairman